Saturday, July 5, 2014

Hello World!

Hello World!

Let me introduce myself. My name is Kyle Hiner, and I am a post-doctoral scholar working in Chile. I earned my PhD from UC Riverside in 2012, and I study astronomy. I have many interests that go beyond astronomy, and I will definitely post about them as this blog progresses.

This is my first blog post, in which I will outline a set of goals to achieve/maintain during the course of this blog. The main purpose of this blog is for me to work on communicating various things to a general audience, and to participate in larger discussions that are occurring in the big wide world. Mostly I will try to stick with topics that I know about or am interested in. I may post on something that I have an interest but no knowledge, or knowledge but no interest. Hopefully we'll keep the later to a minimum.

Post frequency:
I will make an attempt to publish at least two posts per month.

Post length/depth:
I will post at least 3 paragraphs on every topic. I will make an attempt to include relevant data and citations when appropriate.

Post subject matter:
Astronomy, data science, independent learning, academia and higher education, other professional activities, US expat living/working, personal activities, and probably a bunch of other things that strike my fancy.


Well I believe that covers the very basics. I know you don't know anything about me yet, but stay tuned. There just might be more to come.

Kyle D Hiner, PhD
Newborn Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment